Washington Bids > Bid Detail

RFP for the 2019 Human Services Bus Ticket Program

Agency: King County
Level of Government: State & Local
Category:
  • V - Transportation, Travel and Relocation Services
Opps ID: NBD14552906734330476
Posted Date: Nov 7, 2018
Due Date: Nov 23, 2018
Solicitation No: 1278-18-VLN
Source:

To access the bid document, please visit the agency's website at below and search by your matched keyword:

http://www.kingcounty.gov/oper...
1278-18-VLN - RFP for the 2019 Human Services Bus Ticket Program
Status Open
Type Goods & Services
First Ad Date 11/7/2018
Due Date 11/23/2018 5:00 PM
Procurement Contact Vicki Nakamichi click for contact info
Notice of Selection Date
Execution Date
Execution Value
Execution Vendor
Cancelled Date
Important Follow hyperlink below for application details. Final ZoomGrants deadline is midnight PST on 11/23/2018. Refer to website regularly for updates.
Department Community & Human Services
Description Through a competitive Request for Proposals (RFP) process, the King County Department of Community and Human Services (DCHS) and King County Metro (Metro) are making available up to $4 million in face value (up to $400,000 in allotment value) for the Human Services Bus Ticket Program (HSBTP). The Metropolitan King County Council created the HSBTP in 1993 to provide transportation for low-income and homeless persons. King County Code (KCC) 4A.700.210 established annual funding for the Program. The HSBTP provides ticketbooks (for bus/transit tickets) to agencies serving homeless and/or low-income individuals, with the agency paying a portion of the bus and light rail ticket value at the time of purchase and Metro subsidizing the remaining cost of the transit ticket. For the ticketbooks, agencies pay approximately 10 percent of the ticket value at the time of purchase and Metro subsidizes the remaining 90 percent of the ticket value. The purpose of the HSBTP is to help to improve transportation access for persons experiencing homelessness and/or low-income persons. King County - DCHS administers this RFP in collaboration with King County Procurement for all applicant agencies. Applying for funding through this Fall 2018 RFP process does not guarantee a funding award. DCHS reserves the right to fund agencies at a proportion of their funding request in order to ensure regional distribution of funds. It is our intention to award allocations to as many eligible programs as possible. The HSBTP is intended to increase access to programs and services for individuals experiencing homelessness and/or low-income persons in our region. However, the Program is not intended to cover 100 percent of client transportation needs. All allotments awarded through this Fall 2018 RFP process will be available for purchase starting January 2019 and must be purchased by agencies from King County Metro by (Friday) September 20, 2019. Your agency should apply for this Fall 2018 RFP process ONLY if your agency intends to disperse the bus/transit tickets to eligible clients by December 31, 2019.
NIGP Codes
31877
Tickets, Pre-Encoded
For quicker file access, download files to your computer and open them locally.
Type Title Size Date
Q&A 1278-18-VLN - FAQ
(.pdf, 375KB) 11/7/2018
Attachment 1278-18-VLN - RFP for the 2019 Human Service Bus Ticket Program Link
external link 11/7/2018
Attachment DCHS Link
external link 11/7/2018

TRY FOR FREE

Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?

Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.

Start Free Trial Today >